Monday, September 24, 2012

[Hackintosh] Dual Boot on Windows 7 and Mountain Lion



Since I used Hackintosh on VMware, I got shocked by this amazing system. Therefore, I tried to install Mountain Lion on my PC.

I followed these guide to complete my installation:

Yet, I encountered some problems here.

1. Screen hanged at apple logo after installing VoodooHDA.
Solution:
  • Download DisablerAppleHDA.kext from here. 
  • Install with Kext Utility.
  • Open MultiBeast and install VoodooHDA for VIA 2021

2. Continuous spinning at apple logo after upgrade to 10.8.2
Solution:
  • Download AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip
  • Login to Mountain Lion via -x safe mode.
  • Replace the kext file using Kext Utility
  • Reboot and you are done.

3. USB3.0 and PS/2 Controller in MultiBeast couldn't install
Description: After getting these options ticked in MultiBeast, Mac stuck at apple logo after this reboot and unable to get into desktop even in -x safe mode. Any suggestion?

4. Need USB to multiboot
Description: Still can't find a way to do dual boot without USB, tried a lot of methods but still fail, any suggestion too?

Basically, my Hackintosh works great. Just these two issues unsolved. If any of you can help, I would be appreciated.


1 comment: